Monday, November 24, 2008

"Musings"--An Introduction to my Blog

"Musings" . . .
I've always loved the word. I just like the sound . . . the 'ring' of it. I intend to use this blog to simply make public the "musings" of a man who loves the Word of God (and tries his best to both 'learn' and 'live' this Book of Books).

As the grandson of a highly educated Presbyterian preacher (a most Christ-like man whom God used to plant the gospel seeds that ultimately blossomed to my coming to life in Christ), I remember that during the last conversation we would have in this world--my Grandfather said to me: "Steve, I have studied the Bible now for some 70 years...and I feel that I have only scratched the surface of the riches of God's word." At the time, I thought that my Grandfather was being typically humble. But now, having diligently studied the Scriptures for 30 years, I now realize that my Grandfather was not being "humble". . . He was simply speaking "truth." I now know that one could live a thousand life-times, and still not master the Bible. God's word truly is "living and active . . ." (Heb. 4:12a).

Thus, I will use this blog to share my "musings" on the truths of God's word--as well as my "musings" of life and the times in which we live. "Musings" . . . Stay tuned for more.

No comments: